We create and implement stylish, practical interior designs for most residential and commercial properties including:
• Sitting Room design
• Dining Room design
• Bathroom design
• Bedroom design
• Attic Rooms and Loft Conversions
• Home offices
• Children's Bedrooms and Nurseries
• Hall, stairs and landings
• Kitchen and kitchen-diner design
• Retail Shop layout and fit or refit
• Office design and refit or refurbishment
• Café design and refit or refurbishment
• Hotel Room design and furnishing
• Restaurant and bars fit or refit
• Show homes
The interior design will cover, as applicable:
• Floor plans and space organisation
• Lighting (task, decorative, mood)
• Fireplaces, radiators and other heating
• Window Treatments (including shutters, blinds, tracks and fittings)
• Wall Finishes (decoration, paint, paint effects, wallpapers)
• Flooring (hard floors, carpets, natural coverings, rugs)
• Electrical power
• Fabrics (and trimmings)
• Accessories and Antiques
• Bathroom Suites
• Kitchen units and appliances
• Reclaimed Products
• Architectural Mouldings
• Use of sustainable / environmentally friendly materials if required
• Architectural Ironmongery and other details
• Door Furniture and Joinery
Our extended services may also include:
• External decoration
• Gardens and patio areas
We provide you with as much advance information as possible on all matters, particularly the price for work to be performed. In each case, you will have full visibility of issues before having to make any commitment to proceed. Wherever possible, we provide fixed prices for each stage of work. Indicative prices appearing below are offered in good faith simply to give some idea of the typical budgets for our clients’ projects.
Commissions for our design and project management services would be determined after the initial consultation and before subsequent project stages. Typically, the design stage would cost between £600 and £1150 plus VAT per room depending on complexity, location and other factors. For implementation, our clients spend typically between £8k and £20k on a reception room or bedroom, between £15k and £25k on a bathroom and £12k to £60k on a kitchen; as a guide, our project management fee would lie between 10-15% of the implementation price. It is important to remember that our trade discounts and supplier negotiation will save you money; clients remark that they believe our fees have largely paid for themselves.
All projects include an initial consultation (Stage 1). Between us, we then decide whether we are to carry out full design and implementation (Stages 2 and 3), or simply provide the design (Stage 2 only) for the clients to implement themselves . The opportunity also exists for you to implement part of the project if requested.
Stage 1 - Initial Consultation
Each engagement begins with a free initial 1-2 hour consultation (depending on cups of tea), where we will:
• Get to know each other
• Hear your ideas and reasons for the proposed changes
• Review the general character of the property as a whole
• Show you some samples of previous work
• Clarify, in broad terms, the extent of the proposed task
• Agree whether we would design and implement the project, or only provide the design.
• Identify the budget available
• Explain further the service, the project stages, and pricing
• Agree on what happens next
Stage 2 - Design and Specification
Once the quotation for Stage 2 is acceptable, we would:
• Make a second visit to take the detailed brief, and survey the room or rooms
• Engage an architect, structural engineer and party wall surveyor on your behalf if required
• Produce a floor plan (to optimise the position of furniture and other features of the room)
and elevation drawings if required (including suggestions for window treatments).
• Produce a basic electrical and lighting layout.
• Obtain samples, catalogues and any other material required for the design presentation.
• Prepare and present the proposed interior design to you.
• If required, present a modified design from any reasonable comments on the first.
• Accompany you to any product viewing required.
• Provide a rough order of magnitude price estimate for project implementation (Stage 3).
When the design was agreed, you would sign this agreement.
If we were only providing the design and basic specification (Stage 2 only), we would then:
• Provide you with a copy of the floor plan and any agreed elevations, along with a full
product identification list for all fabrics, paints and other products presented as part of our
interior design. In this case, you would need to ensure that your contractors have full access
to the products specified in the design. Such contractors would also need to determine
precise quantities of paint, fabric and other products for the project.
• Provide the basic electrical layout.
If we were also to implement the design, we would then:
• Provide any agreed floor plans, basic electrical layouts and sample boards to leave with you
while work proceeds (to include paint samples, swatches, and examples of floor coverings
• Produce a quotation for Stage 3.
Stage 3 - Project Implementation
Once the quotation is agreed we would:
• Create detailed specifications including quantities
for the products identified in the design.
• Obtain all the required fabrics, paints and other
products identified in the agreed interior design.
• Engage the required tradesmen and tradeswomen.
• Manage the implementation of the project.
• Oversee progress against schedule, and the quality
of the work.
• Meet with you to report progress.
• Hold a final meeting to agree on the completion of
works against the agreed design and required quality.
Note: For structural work, we co-ordinate the activities of architects, structural engineers and party wall surveyors, and the associated building trades. In these cases, a direct contractual relationship is established between the end client and the professional body or trade in question, whilst we oversee daily progress against a schedule, and do all the leg-work.
The actual price for this work, including our project management fees and the price of sub-contract labour would have been provided for agreement prior to embarking on this stage of the project.
Interior Design and Project Management. Our principal service is the design and implementation of stylish interiors for residential and commercial clients; usually homes and small business premises. We produce floor plans, electrical and lighting layouts and sample boards to define a complete scheme for each space, with an associated budget. If requested, we then implement the project using our network of reliable builders, trades, professionals and suppliers.
© Style Within Ltd 2004-2011
25 Rockliffe Rd, Bath, Somerset, BA2 6QW
Contact us - Tel: 01225 466 337 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Web: www.stylewithin.co.uk
Interior Designers in Bath, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Avon & Wiltshire.
“We are really pleased with our cloakroom...all our friends think it’s wonderful too.”
Mr and Mrs R of Combe Down, Bath
“We love the really rich colours in your design.”
Mrs C of Clifton, Bristol
“I am delighted with the designs and really appreciate how you have included all of the various elements of the brief into a cohesive and effective plan.”
Mr M of Chippenham, Wiltshire
“I love it all .... Great service”
Ms A of Clifton, Bristol
This page describes the services that we offer, our fees, and how we would work with you.
The 3 basic stages are:
2. Design and Specification
3. Project Implementation.
Remember, our initial interior design consultation is FREE.
Home Staging (House Doctor). A simplified approach for house sellers is to commission our home staging or house doctor service. Here, we examine a property, agree improvements with the client and undertake work to present the property more favourably for sale: this may involve cleaning, de-cluttering, specific redecoration inside and out, attention to gardens, purchase of plants and accessories to appeal to a broader market.
The fixed price for our home staging service will be based on the number of rooms to be staged, as well as the loan of any additional furniture and accessories required to enhance the property.
Project Estimation (and Implementation). We also provide a refurbishment project estimation service for packages of work largely for clients looking to buy, sell or renovate property.
Sellers. If you are doing up a house, flat or other property for sale or rent (perhaps on advice from an estate agent), we would provide a report with recommendations and an estimated budget. If requested, we would then implement the refurbishment.
“Joanna was delighted with the flat and now has a very reasonable rent ... Just sad she’s not living in it herself !!”
Mr T of Bath
Buyers. For a client looking to purchase a property, we would provide a report with recommendations and estimated price to renovate a home or small business premises. Again, we would carry out the renovation if required.
For this project estimation and implementation service we provide a fixed price for the report, dependent on the number of rooms and extent of works required. A recent 4 bedroom property over 5 floors including a garden and basement with requirement for exterior decoration, damp treatment, replacement windows, re-wire and many other interesting aspects took 3 days to survey, engage specialist trades, obtain quotations, and write up. We would charge £650 plus VAT for a report of this magnitude but would offset part of this price against any implementation contract that followed.
Our services apply generally to any of the following, which you can click on to see examples of our work:
kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, attic or loft rooms, basements, children’s rooms, bespoke furniture, bespoke interiors, total home renovation, and office, retail shop or other business premises refurbishment.
Note: we also supply furniture, fabrics, lighting and other interiors products at competitive rates, and offer refurbishment price estimation, house doctor and home staging services: these are described below.